Friday 18 April 2008

Friday Foughts

I have had a lovely holiday, of which today is the last official day. It's been amazing to relax, and tick off items on my rather long 'to do' list. I've been able to catch up with a couple of friends, which has been wonderful. I've seen my family, and spent a bit of time with Adriano now and then. I've listened to my ipod a lot, which has felt very decadent as usually I don't have the time. It's good to have music back in my life, and I've loved getting into various podcasts. (My current favourites are Adam and Joe, and Zen Is Stupid.) I've read a bit, I've done a bit of weeding in the back garden, I've fixed a new lock to my bike and pumped up the tyres. I've slept. I've successfully fought off the beginnings of a throat infection, and flu. I've spent many hours surfing the internet. I've walked by the river, and by the sea, and I've eaten pancakes and fruit salad. We've sent out lots of our wedding invitations now, mostly by email, and have really enjoyed getting replies. We used Comic Life to make the invites, and had such a giggle trying out ideas. I've tried not to think about school but alas it is time to consider it once again.

I'm feeling a bit flat today, partly because it's nearly the end of the holiday, but also because I am not pregnant again this month and I'm struggling with my feelings. I'm about to start superovulation/IUI #2, and already my heart is weary, and wary of the next round of emotions. The rollercoaster aspect to it is more of a killer than I had thought. It's now been 3 years of aiming to conceive, and some days the feelings really really hurt.

Anyway, some interesting photos here - not taken by me. Some are rather cheesy but stick with it.
A crazy but fascinating 'infinity' project.
Create your own spinning drawings - so cool.
A timewaster game that'll drive you nuts.
And if you only click one link, let this be it: Wilbaer goes for a swim.

Now I'm off to have my hair cut.

Re-reading: A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
Listening to: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli - various bits, Hot Club de France Quintet

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive