Wednesday, 22 April 2009
Meme from Antonia at Whooppee
1. Are you a male or female: Female
2. Describe yourself: tired new mum. proud. amazed. anxious. insecure. in love. happy. currently forgetful. well-meaning. huggy. touchy-feely. sensitive. natural born worrier.
3. How do you feel about yourself: always trying to make myself more colourful and see myself as more lovable. is therefore tiring to be me. quite like myself some days. cringe desperately at myself on other days.
4. Describe your parents: loving. ready to laugh. affirming. huggy. sensitive. health-conscious (mum). tense workaholic (dad). arty. practical (mostly dad). musical (mostly mum).
5. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriends: best not to go there now I reckon... my life has moved on.
6. Describe your current boy/girl situation: husband who is cute, adorable, handsome, messy, funny, thoughtful, deep-thinking, joker-of-the-pack.
7. Describe your current location: smallish living room of rented house on west side of London suburb. room is dark but out of the window is beautiful blue sky - must get out for a walk to the river today.
8. Describe where you want to be: in a huge simple airy comfy living room full of natural light, with Adriano and littleG, with doors and windows open to a gorgeous view of blue sky and vast blue water with backdrop of hills. in England, probably.
9. Your best friend(s) is/are: on the whole not nearby. I'm working on making more local friends. It is much much easier since becoming a mum.
10. Your favourite colour is: red. orange. turquoise. purple. yellow. depends what for and what mood I'm in.
11. You know that: littleG has to wake up soon. my b00bs are about to explode.
12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: I'll get back to you on this one. maybe. not good at these kind of questions.
13. What is life to you: Precious
14. What is the best advice you have to give: Be grateful in the present moment. or something.
Posted by Lucia at 09:53
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
OK she's asleep again, still on changing mat. Should have a sleep myself really but just desperate for a break to be just 'me'. Am watching Grand Designs again - fascinating Georgian house in London being rescued and done up. I absolutely love the big windows. Lots of natural light is something I crave in a house. Not got much of it in this one unfortunately, except for one room upstairs.
G is 8 weeks old tomorrow, and I feel very proud. Today we went to the hospital for a check up because she and I are different blood groups (I'm rhesus negative, she's rhesus positive like Adriano). She was fine. They weighed her (12lb 1oz!! no wonder my arms and back are aching!) and measured her height. She's about the 75th centile for both, which is great.
Just had a thought about the cot and why it's so hard to keep G asleep when I put her down in it. I think it's because of the angle - we need collapsible sides I reckon. It's only a teeny crib though and she'll soon grow out of it.
Oh I'm so tired. Am trying to extend her feed times, they can be anything but are frequently 2 hrs apart still. I can't seem to do it. Got to go with her schedule, which is fine but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything which would be cool with G now and also be better for us further down the line.
She looks such a sweetie right now. She's all swaddled so just her little head is peeping out and she looks peaceful and relaxed in her sleep. Awwwwww. I'm so lucky. And tired.
Posted by Lucia at 18:13
I'm tired. I tried for 2.5 hours to get littleG to have a sleep after not having one all day. She was cranky and bleary-eyed and so clearly needed to sleep but couldn't seem to stay asleep. Getting her to drop off wasn't a problem. Staying asleep is another matter. Whenever I put her down in the cot she wakes up after about 5 mins and howls. Now she's lying on the changing mat fast asleep, but I bet if I put her in her cot she would cry.
Her cheeks are just soooooo kissable.
Oh CRAP phone rang and woke G
Posted by Lucia at 17:52
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (41)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (45)
- ▼ April (5)
- ► 2008 (87)