Monday 21 December 2009

Happy Winter Solstice





One day I will have the energy and creativity (and hopefully the willing company) to give this day the attention it deserves. My little Pagan heart would like to mark the day in some way and all I can come up with this year is a blog post, hey ho.

Anyway, have a relaxing peaceful break, anyone reading this.

It's been a totally amazing year for me, completely dominated by the birth of Little G who turned our lives upside down. I am so grateful. She'll be 10 months old on Christmas Day.

It's going to be our first Christmas without Adriano's Mum, which feels wrong and makes me revisit the whole tragedy of her illness and death all over again. It gets messy over here sometimes; it's still very raw.

We've had some snow which I've enjoyed greatly, apart from Saturday's misadventure of sliding down an icy road in the car with G asleep in the back. Miraculously we didn't crash, hurrah.

Take care, y'all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh look at that gorgeous girl!! I hope you guys have a lovely solstice, as well as any and all holidays that follow. :-)

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *