Friday 14 December 2012

5 weeks down: stapedectomy recovery

Well my hearing is slightly changed.  The distortion is slightly less.  I am singing a little bit again.  Playing the piano and listening to music is still a bit unpleasant to listen to.  High noises sound shrill and my ear(s) feels very sensitive.  Still get the underwater feeling when I lie down and at random other times.  Rotten cold meant that I accidentally popped my ears whilst blowing my nose about 7 times.  Whoops, was told not to.

This week has been a bit more draining than usual as C has had yet another cold and cough and had a high temperature for 3 days and nights.  Now G has it.  And Adriano has a very horrible (and very loud) cough.  And he had to work extra hard this week including a night staying over at his work. 

So to say I'm running on empty would be entirely accurate.  Many many disturbances each night, from both children but particularly poorly C.  Hardly any time to myself. 

One day this will get better, apparently!

I have gifts sorted for the girls and the tree is up but am in no way ready for Christmas in any other way whatsoever. 

Huff.  Puff.  Zzzzzzzz.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *