Saturday 14 February 2009

Shiny pretty things

Today I have been showered with gifts. As well as a good dose of Lindt chilli chocolate, and a sweet V-day card, I got one of these as a present from Adriano to say thank you for carrying our baby (and as he said "for what you are about to do" - i.e. squeeze the baby out somehow). I am so touched as I know when A buys stuff like this he does lots of research and puts a lot of thought into it.









It is a fab camera, and I love the funky colour too. It has a one-touch setting for recording videos (with sound this time, unlike my last much-loved camera) so expect some on here, particularly once The Squawker is born.

In the afternoon A's sister and partner P and their little boy T came over and we went round the corner to our local greasy spoon for lunch. Then more gifts! I was given this gorgeous changing bag:

















and something I can't find a picture of right now but it's a bright pink snuggly fleece thing for a baby to wear, and has a hole for the car seat belt to go through too. It's really really nice.

I love presents!!!

I've been feeling very uncomfortable today, as though the baby is burrowing her head downwards every time she shifts. Sometimes it makes me gasp. I have my 39-week check at the docs on Monday so we'll see if he reckons the head is further engaged. I truly hope so. Last night I dreamed that I'd had the baby after a pretty OK shortish labour, then woke up and was slightly surprised to still have the unwieldy bump. Then I fell asleep and dreamed it all over again....twice. I'm sure she'll come out when she's good and ready but I'd love it if it was this month at least.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive