Tuesday 21 April 2009

So many cups of tea gone cold

OK she's asleep again, still on changing mat.  Should have a sleep myself really but just desperate for a break to be just 'me'.  Am watching Grand Designs again - fascinating Georgian house in London being rescued and done up.  I absolutely love the big windows.  Lots of natural light is something I crave in a house.  Not got much of it in this one unfortunately, except for one room upstairs. 

G is 8 weeks old tomorrow, and I feel very proud.  Today we went to the hospital for a check up because she and I are different blood groups (I'm rhesus negative, she's rhesus positive like Adriano).  She was fine.  They weighed her (12lb 1oz!! no wonder my arms and back are aching!) and measured her height.  She's about the 75th centile for both, which is great.  

Just had a thought about the cot and why it's so hard to keep G asleep when I put her down in it.  I think it's because of the angle - we need collapsible sides I reckon.  It's only a teeny crib though and she'll soon grow out of it.  

Oh I'm so tired.  Am trying to extend her feed times, they can be anything but are frequently 2 hrs apart still.  I can't seem to do it.  Got to go with her schedule, which is fine but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything which would be cool with G now and also be better for us further down the line.  

She looks such a sweetie right now.  She's all swaddled so just her little head is peeping out and she looks peaceful and relaxed in her sleep.  Awwwwww.  I'm so lucky.           And tired. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive