Monday 16 November 2009

Big day

Little G has just learnt to clap her hands! It's so cute to watch. Poor thing has a nasty cough so it's nice to see her smiling and looking pleased with herself; she's been a bit quiet and sombre otherwise.

Also this morning I can see one of her bottom teeth has FINALLY broken through her gum. It's been a long time coming!

This last week she has gone from being on her front to sitting up by herself and today she seems to be in the swing of it.

She loves turning the pages of books now, and is starting to feel the touchy-feely bits on the page with her little chubby fingers. Adorable.

Last night Adriano opened up our cupboard-full-of-mess in the lounge and Little G was watching very closely. I don't think I've ever opened up that cupboard in front of her and she looked very interested indeed. Sure enough about ten minutes later she was over there herself and had opened it up and was pulling wires out of it. And she still can't crawl forwards but she certainly gets around somehow.

We came back last night from a weekend away in Brighton with family. My dad-in-law treated us all to 2 nights in a fab hotel with sea views and yummy meals. It was sometimes a bit challenging to be all of us together for so long (lots of strong characters!) but we all had a lovely time. I particularly enjoyed getting to know my 2-and-a-half year old nephew better. In face he fed me some of his broccoli at one meal - a memorable moment and really generous as it's his favourite vegetable! (And possibly mine too, luckily. He wouldn't take no for an answer.)

I also had my first ever manicure, thanks to my sister-in-law. It was fun and relaxing, even if I did think I could have done the polish better myself!

Adriano and I reminded ourselves that we've now been trying to move back down to Brighton for ...oooh about 5 years now... and what on earth was stopping us? We say it's getting jobs. Maybe we should just do it though? And let the rest of it fall in to place? In fact I am applying for a job there right now, and we have vowed to ourselves that we will move there by end of July next year no matter what. We've said that before of course, but this time I really hope we actually do it.

This morning I've been productive and have done some annoying and/or messy jobs such as wash out the compost bin (ewwwww) and changing duvet cover etc

Got to go, G is reversing into the downstairs toilet and the floor's not as clean as it might be.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *