Sunday 10 January 2010

Just a quickie to say that G spends a lot of her time lately saying 'Dad' (to everyone) and when she sees a cat she points and says 'cah!' which is gorgeous.
She pulls herself up to standing and is on the verge of cruising around the furniture. She is a delight.

Her eating has slightly gone to pot but we're still managing to get something down her, and I'm trying very hard not to show any negative emotion when she pushes the spoon away for the umpteenth meal in a row. It's going to be OK, it's going to be OK, it's going to be OK...... (where has our 'great little eater' gone? She was great with mush and with finger food before!)

Unfortunately she's not sleeping wonderfully and is waking up to 5 times a night and has forgotten how to settle herself. Oh, sanity, why have you forsaken me? Well I think we know the answer to that one. I tried the 'gradual withdrawal' method but 15 minutes in I couldn't bear it any longer (she cried like her heart was breaking) and went back to holding her hand through the cot bars. I have been thinking about co-sleeping (which she loves) as a considered choice as opposed to a bleary-eyed middle-of-the-night decision, at least for perhaps the latter part of the night. I don't know. Gentle comments welcome.

Teething is a beeyatch! She has 4 teeth now and another trying to come through.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My only advice is to do whatever keeps you sane. :-) Sleep deprivation is truly the worst. Co-sleeping was key to my own sanity maintenance, but that might not be the case for everyone, of course. But really, this will pass soon enough and the key is to just do what it takes to get through. If you have hesitations about full-on co-sleeping at this point, bringing her to your bed for the latter part of the night sounds like a good compromise to me!

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive