Sunday 18 November 2012

Day 11 stapedectomy recovery

I'm at that difficult stage where I can almost do everything normally, energy-wise, but then I get grumpy and tired and need to rest.  Not sure how different this is from my normal sleep-deprived state from the point of view of my long-suffering husband, but it's true I do have a bit of ear twingeing and popping right now and have been ordered upstairs to rest.  Thanks Adriano xxxx

Couldn't sleep last night, in part due to a bit of anxiety about getting the packing out tomorrow.  Since my initial panic that as I couldn't hear a thing I had obviously lost my hearing permanently, I calmed down a bit and was rewarded for my patience with at least some hearing, if bad quality.  I had stayed away from Doctor Google for about a week, but foolishly last night went back to some internet searching and got a bit worried all over again that I should have left my hearing alone and not opted for this surgery, or at least waited until my hearing was a lot worse before risking it.

Also for the last couple of days I have had an unpleasant taste in my mouth a lot of the time.  To begin with it was just lack of taste in the back right quarter of my tongue but now it's the yucky taste as well. 

I'll be on a bus to the hospital tomorrow morning with plenty of anxiety and trepidation.  Wish me luck. 

Want to add that there are times when I have all of this totally in perspective and know that whatever happens I am still extrememly fortunate to be as healthy as I am.  Vaguely related to this sentence is the admission that I have an addiction to chocolate that I beat myself up about, but I just read this so feeling less bad about that right now, tee hee.

People keep telling me I look exhausted.  I'm sure I always do, they're just looking at me harder because they know about the surgery recovery. 

Roll on tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive