Tuesday 13 November 2012

Day 6 stapedectomy recovery

I'm doing a bit more now, washing up, playing with the girls, changing nappies, making drinks, making toast.  Just feel tired to the point of mild nausea afterwards.  Or maybe it's the slight dizziness hanging around that is causing the nausea.

If I gently rub the cotton wool in my outer ear I can just about hear the noise.  I *think* this is progress, although really the difference is soooo tiny that I maybe shouldn't even bother mentioning it.  It is still the case that if I'm lying on my good ear I can't hear a blooming thing.  At all.

I managed with no painkillers at all yesterday and today.  Definitely felt some twinges and some general earache but nothing major.

In other news for about the last 10 days my big toes have been hurting.  Wtf?!  Surely not related :D  Now what's wrong with me?!  No more silly ailments please, I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac...

Can't be bothered to explain the full story here but some eleventh hour moving/job stuff has been going on this week.  It looks like it'll soon all be settled one way or another.  It's amazing how stressy decisions can be sometimes.  Luckily it's the kind of stress that's making Adriano and I close rather than pushing us apart.  Phew.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
* proud new mother * last child * youngest daughter * tallest sister * favourite auntie * honest lover * furtive photographer * diary writer * compulsive dancer * tree hugger * mooncup promoter * chocolate taster * house plant murderer *

Blog Archive